Willow Run Airport Water & Sanitary Improvements Phase 1
Project Name Willow Run Airport Water & Sanitary Improvements Phase 1
Location Van Buren Township, MI
Owner Wayne County Airport Authority
- Installation of 6,700 FT of sanitary sewer to depths up to 24 FT.
- Installation of 5,700 FT of Ductile Iron water main
- Well-point Dewatering of trench to stabilize excavation.
- Horizontal Directional Drilling 500 FT of 12-inch HDPE water main under Ecorse Road
- Construction of new Sanitary Pump Station 33ft deep
Project consisted of the installation of 12” SDR 26 PVC sanitary sewer and 12” watermain to service future developments on Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA) Property. Dan’s Excavating needed to coordinate with WCAA and Van Buren Township to comply with project standards set forth by both entities. Watermain installation included utilizing line stops to avoid shutting off water to businesses while connecting new watermain to existing Asbestos Cement watermain pipe. Soil conditions were very granular, which allowed for the utilization of approx. 6,000 ft of well-point dewatering system to aid in deeper excavations. Project completion is anticipated in the fall of 2020 with the commissioning of the new sanitary pump station.