Project Name M-59 ITS
Location M-59 from Paddock Street to M-53 in the cities of Pontiac, Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, Sterling Heights and Utica, Oakland and Macomb Counties.
- Installation of 42,000 FT of directional bore and open cut conduit
- Installation of 150,000 FT of fiber optic cable
- Installation of 2,800 FT of fiberglass conduit on bridges
- Installation of 110 EA precast handholes
- Installation of dynamic message sign and foundation.
- Installation & programming of 14 EA RSU, 2 EA MVDS, 4 EA CCTV Cameras & 15 EA Ethernet Switches
- Installation of drilled shaft foundations for 2 EA 105 FT spun concrete poles
- Utility coordination and installation of 3 EA 120/240V power services
- Installation of 6 EA Splice cabinets and 4 EA ITS Cabinets
Project includes installation of 15.60 miles of closed-circuit television cameras, dynamic message signs, roadside units, conduit and fiber optic cable on M-59 from Paddock Street to M-53. This project provides connectivity and information support to passing vehicles including safety warnings and traffic information that previously did not exist on this route.