Detroit Metro Airport
Project Name 3L/21R Reconstruct and Associated Taxiways
Location Detroit Metro Airport
Owner Wayne County Airport Authority
- Removal of 645,000 SYDS of pavement removal
- Installation of over 2,000 new LED lights
- Mitigation and protection of endangered wildlife on the project.
- Replacement of 40,000 LFT of storm sewer
- Directional Bore installation of new watermain line
- Placement of 700,000 tons of P-209 and P-219 Aggregate
- Excavation of 850,000 CYD
2 Year project in which the 3L/21R runway is constructed in multiple stages to minimize impacts to air traffic operations. Dan’s Excavating in partnership with Ajax Paving completed the 2019 expedited schedule without any liquidated damages. The entire project was completed in November 2020.